the tarot room

georgianna of the tarot room talks about tarot stuff

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tarot in the City

When I’ve got nothing to do, or am avoiding things I should do, I often take my camera and head out with no particular plan. I’ll walk around for a couple of hours and shoot whatever catches my eye.

No surprise really, but frequently, when I’m doing this I’ll see things that remind me of Tarot cards or their symbols. It often crosses my mind to make a 'City Walk Tarot' out of one of my photo wanderings.

Well - today day was the day!! I went out for a little over two hours, took 394 pictures (thank goodness for digital!) and miraculously found an entire Tarot deck in a few city blocks around my home. Who would have guessed there was so much magic around here?

Don’t get me wrong – the photos aren’t very good, and this is hardly what you’d call a ‘serious’ deck, and I’ve taken some liberties to make the whole thing work, but I think it does. At least I like it. And it was a lot of fun to do!!

I encourage any photo-loving Tarot enthusiasts to do the same. Find the cards hiding in your neighbourhood. I’d love to see what you come up with!

Here's the Major Arcana from today's walk, I've posted all 78 images on my facebook group (the picture resolution's better there) ...

5 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Rose Vanden Eynden said...

What a fantastic idea, George! I may have to try this myself--I just love it! Thanks for a great post!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger georgianna said...

i hope you do Rose!! i'd love to see what you find!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Almost like a walking scavenger hunt and meditation all rolled into one. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrific! It's like a walking meditation and scavenger hunt all rolled into one! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger georgianna said...

yes - like a magical scavenger hunt!!

thanks for reading! have a happy happy new year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home