the tarot room

georgianna of the tarot room talks about tarot stuff

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tarot Talk - Thank You!

Today was the last episode of Tarot Talk, a weekly radio show I’ve been co-hosting with Raven Mardirosian since January. We closed the show with a particularly interesting interview with Paul Quinn, author of Tarot for Life. It was a most excellent end to a wonderful experience.

Through the last nine months, we’ve had so many great guests – psychics of every type, angel, fairy and animal communicators, a healing singer, astrologers, and of course lots of tarot readers. It’s been amazing! And I’ve learnt so much! Each guest taught me something new and helped bring me to a deeper understanding of my own tarot work.

I pulled some cards on the whole experience, asking them to encapsulate my feelings about the show. The first I drew was the 2 of Disks. There’s a certain ambivalence in this card, and weirdly enough, I get it.

On the one hand, the show was quite a bit of work, and I got stage fright for half the day before each episode, and it was hard putting off Sunday afternoons almost every week all year (especially in the summer).

But it was the disk spinning on the other hand that made it all worthwhile. I learnt so much, met so many amazing people and gained so much confidence as a reader, speaker, interviewer and probably as a person.


Which brings us to the second card I pulled – the 6 of Wands. Victory. This card speaks of the joy in getting that much closer to what you truly love. It’s about celebrating the Lovers call to be yourself, inside and out. And on a personal level, that’s exactly how I feel about my time on Tarot Talk. It’s helped get me closer to my soul.

So to all the guests, callers, listeners, chatters, and of course to my fabulous co-host Raven - Thank You! It’s been a real pleasure.

Keep in touch all!! I can’t wait to see what’s next!!

and p.s. you can download all the episodes free from iTunes (just type ‘Tarot Talk’ into the podcast search) or listen to archives of past shows at our show page

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous www.divinewhispers.net said...

So beautiful, George. Like you, I have the half-a-day stomach jitters before a show, too. Am hoping that will someday subside.

Congratulations on a wonderful program you can both be proud of creating. We all learned through you both. Looking forward to any future ventures you can share with us so we can continue to learn and grow through you.

Donnaleigh

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger georgianna said...

thank you so much Donnaleigh!!

i can't believe you're nervous before your show too - you sound so calm on the air. but i guess that's the trick ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home